So, now you have a PPC account and it is working for you. What’s next with the account? Just let it keep running and have it work for you month after month?
That is a common perception and a common practice. The account starts working, and you move on to other marketing efforts and just let the PPC account run on cruise control.
What is PPC Optimization? What’s Involved in the Optimization Process?
PPC Optimization is the process of learning from your data and deciding what to do next. In summary, the big decision is to determine if the account is working well for you.
Optimizing a Profitable PPC Account
If your account is working well, meaning it is generating a profitable ROI for you, then the next step is to increase the amount of visitors coming to your site through PPC. How?
- Increase your daily or monthly budget
- Increase the number of keywords in your PPC account
- Write better ads to increase the click-through-rate in your account and get more visitors
- Show your ads in more places
- Show your ads on more devices
- Start showing your ads through the Google Display Network
- Start a PPC Remarketing Campaign
Optimizing a Poor PPC Account
If you account is not working well, and is losing you money, don’t just assume that PPC doesn’t work or that it is too expensive. Consider some of these strategies:
- Find keywords that are not working well. Decrease the bids of those keywords.
- Find ads that generate traffic but not leads or sales. Rewrite the ads to be more targeted.
- Maybe you lose money with a keyword in position 1 or 2. Lower the bid and show up lower. You will spend a lot less per click, and maybe now that word will be profitable for you.
- Find specific locations that are losing you money. Stop advertising there.
- Find unprofitable Campaigns. Reallocate money to the more profitable Campaigns.
- Find unprofitable Ad Groups. Reallocate money to the more profitable Ad Groups.
Why is PPC Optimization Important?
If you aren’t looking at your PPC account on a regular basis, you just aren’t likely maximizing the profits you could be generating. Even if it is working for you, you likely could be doing even better.
Additionally, AdWords and the competitive landscape is always changing. What happens to your account if new competitors begin bidding on the same keywords as you? What if Google introduces a new policy or feature that, if left alone, produces unsavory results?
Active management of a PPC account helps avoid sudden spikes in poor traffic and low conversions.
How Can Sebo Help?
We offer a FREE PPC Audit. We’ll let you know if things are going well or if there is room for improvement. Fill out our online form or call our office at 801-227-7326 and ask to speak to a member of our optimization team. We’ll take a look right away and get back to you soon.