We get asked frequently about our SEO services, and also how SEO really works. Actually, we also get asked IF SEO works just about as often! In short, yeah, it still really works and it can dramatically increase traffic to your website. So the next question is pretty clear:
How does SEO work?
This is a pretty common question, and the long answer is pretty long. Here’s the short version:
Search Engine Mechanics
- Search engines find websites, and they store what they find on their servers.
- People type phrases into the search box looking for the best sites.
- Search engines try to match the keyword phrase with the best sites. They then rank the sites based on their formula or algorithm.
- Search engines show the results to the searcher, with the best sites showing up higher in the results.
Search Engine Optimization
SEO simply is the process of doing the known things that will increase the rankings of your website in the Search Engine Results Page (SERP).
- We research the keyword phrases that people are entering in the search box and find the best phrases
- We make sure those keywords show up in key places on your website
- We make sure that the page containing the keyword is easy to find on your website
- We make sure that other sites are talking about that page (ie: are linking to that specific page)
- We track the results to make sure that rankings improve
- More importantly, we make sure that those improved rankings result in more traffic to your website
What Specific SEO Services Does Sebo Offer?
In general, the SEO strategies we implement for our clients fall into 2 categories: On Page SEO and Off Page SEO.
On Page SEO Services
- In many cases, the important phrases don’t even exist on your website.
- Step 1: We EITHER add new pages to your site that contain that phrase OR we add that specific phrase to existing pages on your site.
- Step 2: We make sure that the pages containing your important phrase are easy to find on your site. We will create links within your site to the pages containing your keyword phrase. For example, we want our On Page SEO page to be easy to find. The link in the next bullet point adds an Internal Link to that page. Internal Links have to be done correctly, but they really help.
- For more information about On Page SEO, check out our On Page SEO page.
Off Page SEO Services
- If the page containing your keyword phrase doesn’t have links from other sites, Google sees that page as being less important.
- We actively and carefully create links from other websites that point back to your key page.
- Over time, these links pointing back to your site make a huge difference in your search engine rankings.
- For more information about Off Page SEO, check out our Off Page SEO / Link Building page
What Expectations Should We Have?
While every situation is different, we won’t take on an SEO client unless we feel that we can improve your rankings AND improve your organic / SEO traffic coming to your website. If we can get you more traffic, and your site converts those visitors into leads, SEO directly will increase your sales and revenues as a company. Check out our SEO Case Studies for some examples of what SEO can do.
We’re happy to talk with you about the chances of SEO success. If we don’t think we really can make a difference, we’ll let you know in advance. Call us or fill out the form on the left side of this page.